20 Oct Eavestrough Cleaning
Eavestrough do their job best when clean. Here’s what to look for when inspecting your gutters and eavestrough.
Clean your rain gutters at least twice a year. Otherwise, debris like leaves and twigs can clog up your gutter system, causing potential harm to your house and landscaping — not to mention the gutters themselves. Here’s how to identify and fix a clogged gutter.
Is My Gutter Clogged?
When it rains, here are the telltale signs of a clogged gutter:
- Water spills over the edges of a gutter.
- Water sprays like a fountain from gutter seams and elbow joints.
- Water doesn’t flow out the bottom of downspout extensions.
If it’s not raining, look for these telltale signs:
- Eroded earth directly below a gutter.
- Peeling paint on siding and fascia.
- Wet, moist, or dirty siding beneath the gutter.
- Gutters pulling away from the fascia (likely caused by excessive weight).
Read more: http://www.houselogic.com/home-advice/roofing-gutters-siding/how-to-unclog-gutter/